Senior CAD Technician - Bourne End, UK
2Heads is a brand experience agency. We fuel conversations and create meaningful experiences worldwide. We work across brand strategy and experience design, exhibits and branded environments, live events, experiential marketing campaigns and event technology. Our clients include BBC Worldwide, Playtech, Bombardier and Sony and we have offices located in the UK, USA, France and Hong Kong.
About the role
As a Senior CAD Technician, you will work across a wide range of projects to create high quality technical drawings that meet both the client brief and the venue/event building regulations. You will also be hands on where you will deliver technical knowledge and expertise to high level projects, mentor designers and manage internal resources as well as direct reports.
The role will include
- Produce drawings and documents through all stages of the design process. Aid in the design and concept stages, produce layouts and detailed technical drawings using Vectorworks in accordance with design specifications and venue/event building regulations.
- Detail all elements of drawings to the agreed agency standards and to reflect all necessary information required by sub-contractors to effectively quote for and build the structures and in line with the approved designs.
- Work with the studio and freelance creatives to ensure all work meets 2Heads standards required to both win and produce high quality output. Keep accurate records of work created for reference and to support quality control.
- Seek out and understand competitor standards to sustain and elevate the calibre of CAD design standards within 2Heads.
- Participate in client meetings and internal meetings to effectively present CAD work, from pitch through to development and delivery. Maintain accurate timesheets and records of costs incurred.
- Develop and keep up-to-date with latest tools/techniques to produce CAD work, as well as guiding others.
- Organise and plan own work, manage time effectively and maintain focus on strategic projects.
- Work with the production teams to ensure CAD design stays strong through to delivery and discuss alternative approaches if budgets/constraints become restrictive.
Are you an excellent communicator and a proactive team player, with more than 5 years experience in exhibitions and events experience? Will you collaborate with colleagues from across the business to ensure the highest client service standards are delivered and maintained? Then we want to hear from you!
Apply below or send your CV to JoinTheTeam@2heads.com.